Program Description: The Estimator is responsible for utilizing detailed layouts of architectural, structural, electrical and mechanical systems and specifying the cost of materials and labor to various departments. The Estimator should have a thorough understanding of drafting techniques and familiarity with engineering principles.
Job Location: Flexible, G-CON Manufacturing Inc is located in College Station, TX
Essential Job Functions:
Essential job functions represent the fundamental job duties and accountabilities of the employment position the individual holding the position must be capable of performing. Persons with disabilities can perform these with or without reasonable accommodations. The Director or his/her designee may assign other duties and accountabilities limited to those consistent with the applicable scope of the appropriate professional job function.
• Ability to create and revise budgetary cost estimates utilizing preliminary drawings provided by Sales Engineering
• Ability to create and revise final cost estimates following the development of conceptual design drawing packages and manufacturing specifications
• Ability to collaborate with internal and external engineering resources to assist in completing costing for unique POD design specifications and requirements
• Ability to develop regional benchmark costs for conventional construction for comparative analysis
• Ability to maintain and drive the development of G-CON’s proprietary estimate builder program
• Ability to explain, in detail, each estimate that includes the basis of the man-hours allocated for each task and personnel resources needed to execute each task
• Ability to select, measure and track important metrics, as well as, a risk analysis and perform a complex analysis on it
• Ability to prepare relevant and reliable forecasts to support the projects
• Ability to develop real time costing for customer driven onsite work requests
• Ability to provide cost support to Project Managers for change orders and other scope additions
• Ability to support Project Engineering with costing associated with Research and Design Projects
• Adheres to and maintains an organized file system that includes the databases, spreadsheets and other computer-based applications to keep information up to date on past performance and industry standards
• Ability to maintain a database with quotes, proposals, and general costing
• Ability to understand methods, operation sequence and processes in the fabrication of parts, components, sub-assemblies and final assemblies
• Assists in the development and review of G-CON Standard Operating Procedures
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience and/or training: Engineering, Construction Science, Technology, or Math
Minimum of 1-2 years Related experience using design software
Minimum of 5 years Experience working as a construction Estimator
Basic Experience with complex data research activities
Intermediate Collaborate with contractors, engineers and architects during estimate creation to ensure overall accuracy
Intermediate Knowledge in data analysis and KPI’s
Intermediate Interpersonal communication skills, both written and verbal
Advanced Knowledge and ability to read and use technical drawings
Advanced Skill in documentation and attention to detail
Advanced Skill in basic computer functions such as word processors, spreadsheets, and internet usage
• Ability to read and understand blueprints and specifications
• Ability to provide conceptual and detailed estimates for construction projects
• Must have an aptitude for building design and willing to specialize in pharmaceutical facilities design
• Ability to make decisions and recommendations
• Ability to demonstrate professionalism with personnel and management
• Ability to multi-task and meet strict deadlines
• Ability to operate independently or with a crew
• Ability to gather, organize and analyze information skillfully
• Must be able to communicate effectively through oral and written communication
Ability to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence, memos, and work place policies. Ability to analyze, interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures and governmental regulations. Ability to analyze and interpret technical research journals. Ability to write professional correspondences. Ability to present information in small group and large group situations to customer, strategic business partners, the general public, and other employees. Ability to effectively present information to administrators, management, and other employees.
Ability to carry out detailed written and/or verbal instructions. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form to carry out business objectives. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret a variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Focus and action-oriented. Performance under little structure. Flexibility and coping with change. Multitasking. Ability to maintain composure in a stressful environment. Freedom to work from supervision.
The information contained in this job description is for the compliance with the American with Disabilities Act (A.D.A) and is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed for this position. Additional duties performed by the individuals currently holding this position and additional duties may be assigned consistent with the job function.
G-CON Manufacturing, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate with regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, disability, genetic information, national origin, veteran status or any other status entitled to protection under applicable federal, state, or local anti-discrimination laws. Discrimination or harassment on any of these bases is prohibited.